Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Norman Lamb MP is seeking a Senior Caseworker to join his busy constituency team.
As an active constituency MP, Norman receives a large quantity of correspondence from local residents seeking help with a wide range of issues. He is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for helping others to join his friendly and hard-working team.
This role will particularly suit someone who has previous experience working in an MP’s constituency office or in a customer-facing role in a service setting. The ability to manage difficult cases sympathetically and efficiently is essential. So, too, is the ability to manage your own caseload and to assist other members of the team to deal with issues raised by constituents. Sympathy Norman Lamb's values and a commitment to North Norfolk are an advantage.
• To provide information, advice and support for individuals on a wide range of issues including health, housing, immigration, environment, employment rights, tax credits, CSA, benefits and other matters.
• To liaise with national and local government agencies and others to resolve constituents' problems.
• To communicate with constituents and outside organisations via the telephone, letter and email.
• To manage own caseload and progress of casework done by other members of the team, ensuring all cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner.
• To use a casework database to track communication with constituents and organisations, ensuring efficient data and file management.
• To attend advice surgery meetings and other meetings as required.
• Relevant experience of handling casework.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to draft concise, factual and helpful correspondence.
• Self-motivated with good organisational skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in recording details.
• Good listening skills and the ability to deal sympathetically with people in need.
• Reliable with ability to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Good IT skills.
• Aware of the rules and sensitivities around data protection.
• Trustworthy, with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of constituents’ details.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 September 2016
Interview dates will be confirmed after the closing date for applications but are likely to be held before the end of September.
Starting date will be as soon as possible after interview.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the best person for the job to email@example.com.